Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daily iso's

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Daily iso's

I remember well that delay of 6.04 which when it finally appeared as 6.06 was a major step and certainly provided us with an excellent version of the default gnome-2 Ubuntu; one of the best at that time if my memory serves me correctly.

I didn't use Xubuntu at that time as I do now, and did once unity appeared, but I assume that was also delivered late?

Incidentally I updated/upgraded the one KVM system I still have installed today and got a huge number of packages back, many of them ones that I couldn't reinstall a week ago so things are definitely moving in the right direction.
    Last edited by ajgreeny; April 6th, 2024 at 11:53 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

New daily ISO arrived!!! noble-desktop-amd64.iso 2024-04-07 09:19 5.0G
    installed OK.
    Last edited by corradoventu; April 7th, 2024 at 12:16 PM.

Beans
    Distro

What I get is that /daily-live/current is identical to my March 23 ISO. Daily-live/pending is 64.4% complete. I'm downloading the Pending ISO now. Will let you know if it installs. I have three laptops that finally crashed and I brought back up with Mantic. I have a fourth system that is still running on a non-updated Noble. Might take a while to get this all installed and updated.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I use Kubuntu and just noticed new ISOs
    http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily-live/current
    2024-04-07 08:28

So now running this to update my ISO in /ISO folder
    Kubuntu change from March 28th ISO.
    Read noble-desktop-amd64.iso. Target 54.2% complete.
    I wish flavors would not use same name for development ISO, makes it difficult to rename & track which is which if downloading more than one.
    Last edited by oldfred; April 7th, 2024 at 02:52 PM.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 24.04 Noble Numbat

Hello,

just tried it, installing it using virtualbox. It has also gnome shell 46.

Regards!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Xubuntu as well new today>>> 2024-04-07 08:31 haven't tried installing it just yet.

I think I'm just going to set this one out, and wait for the next release.....
    Last edited by 1fallen; April 7th, 2024 at 06:07 PM.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

1st bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...s/+bug/2060398

More to come...

And Login Loop again in play>>> I used ctrl+alt+F2 logged in and and ran startx

Bugs seem to be plenty 4 more coming...
    Last edited by 1fallen; April 7th, 2024 at 07:57 PM.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans
    Distro

I installed the pending ISO on my most difficult to install Laptop. It failed install for both efi and legacy. I then reinstalled my Mantic ISO that was successful (again). Then decided to upgrade my newly installed Mantic to Noble by changeing to Noble repositories. The Noble install had 576 Packages to download and about 525 held back. The upgrade attempt ended with a failed system grub error. I have a bunch of Laptops so no big deal for me but I'm on hold for now.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by zebra2 View Post
    The upgrade attempt ended with a failed system grub error.
    Two other 24.04 installs and the same as you "failed to install Grub" but I have refind so no problems there.

I'm getting called away for a day or two so I'll file a grub-bug then....unless you file first then I'll just add myself to it.
    Dalai Lama>>

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Kubuntu install worked without issue, to my HDD sda drive where main 22.04 install is on NVMe drive.
    Too used to NVMe and tuning that 22.04 boots very quick. Noble took over 40 sec from HDD to boot.

First time I have used Calamares installer & it installed grub to ESP on HDD, did not overwrite ubuntu entry on NVMe's ESP like Ubiquity installer that was still in all versions of Kubuntu until 24.04.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast