Thread: 24.04 Random Black Screen

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

24.04 Random Black Screen

Is anyone else getting a random black screen that lasts about 2 seconds and then returns to normal? This is happening in both Xorg & Wayland sessions.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: 24.04 Random Black Screen

Is nVidia involved?

I'm just not a Gnome fan so I don't even test it there, but Plasma 6 (Testing) runs very nice on Wayland on my end.

If you do have a nVidia GPU they are working on it, and rumored to be fixed in the next release.
    Last edited by 1fallen; April 11th, 2024 at 05:03 PM. Reason: spelling
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Hi 1fallen,
    No. No Nvidia, all Intel based. 22.04 runs like a dream. It is an install from a daily build, whether that could be an issue I doubt, but don't know. Will overwrite with the Beta and see if things change.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Please keep us updated.

If it persists after the new install let me know I "might" have a work-around.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 24.04 Noble Numbat

Hello,

not any help, yet just to mention that using 24.04 under virtualbox and intel I haven't noticed what you mention. Does it happen after you do something specific? And if not, after how much time from boot you might first notice it?

Regards!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Hi Claus7.
    My install is not in a VM, it's a hard disk install. There's no pattern to it, purely random. I'm downloading the Beta now to see if the problem persists.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

OK. So after a reinstall of the beta, it appears that the black screen problem has gone. Only been a couple of hours though, so will post back if any issues.